TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ITALY ROME MAYOR MARINO REGISTERS 16 GAY MARRIAGES CELEBRATED ABROAD.
- Gay marriage is, as of now, illegal in Italy;
- Rome Mayor Ignazio Marino, in open opposition to the italian legislation, defiantly registered the marriage of 16 gay couples, many with children, that had been celebrated abroad. After receiving a standing ovation in the Protomoteca, he stated “This is a special day for many of you, but for me and for Rome as well. […] Laws are meant to allow the same rights to everybody […] Today we’re just registering, but we’ll go ahead. And I know, we’ll go ahead together.”
- Interior Minister Angelino Alfano harshly contested the Mayor, claiming he was basically just “signing autographs” since the italian legislation doesn’t allow gay marriages;
- Rome Prefect vowed to back the Minister’s stance, commanding Marino to stop or he would make the registrations void. Marino replied he’d defend his choice to the end;
- The Italian Bishops’ Conference (CEI) stated it was “an unacceptable presuntion” to undertake such an action during the last day of a summit on the Synod of family;
- On the stairs to the Capitol, next to those who celebrated, protestants manifested their disapproval. About 70 esponents from right wing organizations were blocked near the Capitol; the police headquarters pressed charges against the promoters of the unauthorized protest.
Italian mayors of various towns registering gay marriages happened in other countries even if being ordered not to or simply refusing to delete the registrations.
a proposito della conversazione sul fumetto in italia, scusa se scrivo in italiano ma è una roba veloce e neanche troppo ponderata.
Onestamente ho sempre visto il mercato italiano di fumetti molto più female-friendly della controparte americana. Però questa è un’impressione personale più che un…
Guarda, se devo essere sincera nemmeno io mi sono mai sentita turbata entrando in fumetteria ed ho sempre trovato un 50% di uomini e 50% donne. Inoltre la fumetteria da cui vado di solito è di una donna.
Però! Però so che esistono uomini italiani che credono che le donne non si interessino a fumetti considerati da loro maschili (Marvel e DC) per non parlare dei videogiochi. Loro credono davvero che alcune donne fingano solo per far colpo su di loro (sigh, pensavo esistessero solo nel recondito internet e invece ci sono anche nella vita vera) e inoltre mi è capitato di parlare di Marvel con uno sconosciuto, eravamo io e un mio amico, e questo tizio mi snobbava altamente per scambiarsi opinioni con solo il mio amico il quale è più interessato a manga e gli faceva cenno di chiedere a me. E’ stato abbastanza strano e irritante.
Steve Rogers did, in fact, realize that something was off when he saw the outline of the woman’s odd bra (a push-up bra, he would later learn), but being an officer and a gentleman, he said that it was the game that gave the future away.
# imagine tony finding this out and steve immediately saying ‘BUT YOU CAN’T TELL ANYONE’ # so tony just spends his entire life WANTING TO TELL PEOPLE THIS and makes arrangements for his # resting place to have an engraving telling the ‘Real Truth about Steve Rogers’ - via sirdef
“A three second exposure meant that subjects had to stand very still to avoid being blurred, and holding a smile for that period was tricky. As a result, we have a tendency to see our Victorian ancestors as even more formal and stern than they might have been.”
I’ve reblogged this before and I will reblog it again.
This is so great
Tyreese it the ray of hope and tenderness in the walking dead I love him
I had to literally force myself to get through the first series of this horrid show but I will always have fond memories of lady Mary…
haha I actually love Downton Abbey, in particular Mary, Edith and Mrs Hughes. But I want to delete from my mind the last season, it was so boring.